EPIC28

Playing EPIC in 28mm.

Friday 11 March 2016

Overlord 2016 Three of Three

There was a small display of new products from Thundercloud Miniatures; I did have a chat with the guy there.  The range is small at the moment, but they are doing more.  The photo does not do it justice, but the Easterling/Kislev type archer on the polar bear was getting a great deal of attention. 


And no sign of a kickstarter.  Yet.


And moving swiftly on, a highlight for me was the absolutely not a genestealer cult from Macrocosm Miniatures.  Macrocosm do squats as well.


So there are is a big enough range to throw yourself together a decent scale cult.


No limos though....     But with the release of Deathwatch, these guys should see some more love.  The man I spoke to did say that he'd already noticed an interest in hits on the website.


I did indulge, picking up a pack up hybrids ('cos they're nice minis), which is breaking a rule. I plan on comparing and contrasting these against the Deathwatch ones fairly soon.....   I also picked up a handfull of 25mm and 60mm laser cut bases, which are are allowed under the rules as they are to enable finishing up things in the bitzbox.

I also picked up a box of Frostgrave cultists.  Which I am allowing under the rules under the 'using up weapons' and therefore allowed.  No really, that's a genuine and great reason.


There was also a naval game in a unusual scale (for a naval game).  It was actually based on a real Italian torpedo boat raid on the RN in Crete in the early war.  But all I think of was HMS Troutbridge.  If you follow that reference you're probably, well, you know.


But "Yea !" for scratch built models.

Abingdon Wargaming club has a facebook page and already has a date programmed for next year (Sun 05 Mar 17)


And of course the last picture has to be real Godzilla vs Robot Godzilla.

2 comments:

  1. "MechaGodzilla"

    That watery explosion marker is rather cool too, though I fear for those poor italian Torpedo Boats if they've had to resort to ramming the RN vessel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to admit that I didn't really pay that much attention to the game at all, just having re-runs of 'Navy Lark' running through my head.

    But this variety of games is great to see and a decent reminder that we are a part of a much larger hobby. Which is nice.

    ReplyDelete