EPIC28

Playing EPIC in 28mm.

Thursday 29 July 2010

22nd Armegeddon Steel Legion - first tank



This is my attempt at an LRMBT with Vorpanzer (spaced armour) or Schürzen (bazooka plates). With the exception of the FW Executioner turret*, I intend on finishing all of the ASL's tanks like this. It might look a bit odd because I painted the outside of the turret and the inside of the armour with black before construction; I expect a lot of grey paint to end up in there, but didn't want to take the chance of having quasi translucent armour on my tanks !

Hopefully there will be enough flat open space to apply the transfers to so that the whole load of them look the same. I did not consider the painted and decal'd article when I put the earlier 13th Mech LRMBT together - all of the boring flat spaces were festooned with skulls and chains and eight pointed stars. Nice, but not good for a factory finish (ho hum).



This is the sort of effect I might be after. I'm not going to try to side skirts on the LRMBT as I think it will look odd, rather than kool. And whilst I'm damn sure that the ASL would rather be better armoured than look anything, it's only a game, dear.



*I'm with Col Corbane here, the FW executioner looks OK. The new plastic one is wank. And not in a good way. I can see what they were trying to do, but they did not try hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment