EPIC28

Playing EPIC in 28mm.

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Wolverine Armoured Car WIP

With the axle of the second armoured car repositioned, this is how the three of them are after the bank holiday weekend. Sorry about the dark pictures. The writing you can see is my naming /numbering the parts as I made them. In the flesh, as it were, they don't look too bad. Although they are, by comparison with IRL vehicles, top heavy. for instance, the Alvis Saladin armoured car from the 1960s - a six wheeled AFV. It's a lot more squat (now there'd there's a word to conjour with in a fortykay context).
What they really need is mudguards and bracing for the same (which depends on my ability to cut six 10x90 strips of plasticard without wobbling too much). Then I'm planning on adding either two or four aux fuel tanks on each side to reflect their role as a part of the 144th Long Range Recce Regt. There'll be a modicum of other stowage as well.
Attacking the Plastic Crack Mountain:
Also over the BH, I got the whole of the 99th 'Bloodcoats' out togther to get a good look at the lot of them. I put fourty vraks torsos on cadian legs. I put ten cadians together with gas mask and beret heads (SOTR ones) these are the disciples (hardened vets). I've left these arm-less for the moment. The wargames factory greatcoats should be here soon and I want to see about sticking the Cadian arms and ancilleries on the greatcoat bodies (with Pig Iron militia heads that I already have) and trying the wargames factory arms and ancilleries on the Bloodcoats. And I've found two more HW squads to round out the 99th.

3 comments:

  1. I am so very excited by the prospect of these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd better get on with mine !

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! They are very close to a design I am working on for my Blood Pact to represent the STeG-4's. I'll be using Predator turrets instead of Russ'. I have to say the predator lascannons look great on yours. What are the tires from? They're perfect!

    ReplyDelete